ArcSDE 9.2 Service Pack 2 contains a number of new fixes as well as all
the previous fixes released in Service Pack 1
New issues addressed with Service Pack 2
- NIM006032 - Support geometries larger than 1MB in size for DB2. Support needs to be added for geometries as large as 4MB (4190000 byte) in ArcSDE 9.2 for DB2. A corresponding fix was required in DB2, so DB2 UDB 8.2 FP 15 is required to take advantage of this enhancement. If you're using a pre-FP15 version of DB2, the software continues to work as before , but you cannot load or use data with a geometry size larger than 1MB.
- NIM007057 - Using the option "“Compress all edits in the Default version into the base table" when unregistering as versioned can corrupt the table.
- NIM007490 - When performing concurrent editing in an ArcSDE for DB2 or Informix geodatabase, deadlocks are encountered when users save their edits.
- NIM005106 - Granting two identical Oracle roles with the Select permission to a user will cause layers to disappear in ArcCatalog 9.2. Multiple grants of the same privilege on the same table from a different grantee, for example, from a different role, will cause access privilege problems.
- NIM005767 - Oracle dead locks encountered when local variable lineage_name is not fully qualified. See KB # 32308.
- NIM005987 - Network I/O error encountered while running queries with outer joins from custom AO VBA code against ArcSDE on Oracle.
- NIM006341 - When geometry is stored as BINARY, LOB, or OGCWKB, selected features of a feature class that is not registered with the geodatabase are not drawn/highlighted in the ArcMap map display window.
- NIM007057 - Using the Compress all edits in the default version into the base table option when unregistering as versioned can corrupt the table.
- NIM007189 - Archiving fails if a field is added to a feature class after the archive is created.
- NIM007481 - sdeexport will not support the export of GeoRaster data, because native storage of Oracle GeoRaster is different from regular SDE raster.
- NIM006455 - Trying to copy and paste an annotation feature class that has rows in it fails with an ORA-1008 not all variables bound error. This happens with SDO_GEOMETRY (Oracle Spatial) only.
- NIM006734 - Connections to SDE using SQL Server 2005 are very slow.
- NIM007528 - Large INSERT operations (loading data, building networks, etc) are slower at 9.2.
- NIM005450 - When loading and mosaicing 4-bit TIFF raster images, the first image loaded displays properly; subsequent 4-bit TIFF raster images do not display and cannot be queried.
- NIM006003 - sderaster -o export command fails (hangs) when exporting sde rasters with color maps.
- NIM006286 - Error building pyramid using 9.2 ArcSDE client for data stored in an ArcSDE 9.1 server when the raster is compressed with JPEG.
- NIM006577 - Using ArcGIS 9.2 to display raster data from an ArcSDE 9.1 geodatabase hangs if ArcGIS is on the same machine as the ArcSDE server.
- NIM007481 - sdeexport will not support the export of GeoRaster data because native storage of Oracle GeoRaster is different from regular SDE raster.
- NIM006060 - Creating new geodatabase with ArcSDE9.2 on SQL Server fails when customized address locator is installed.
- NIM006735 - When creating an address locator in ArcCatalog, ArcCatalog may crash if Reference Data name is longer than 30 characters.
- NIM006898 - Creating locator from an empty feature class causes a failure.
- NIM007492 - Provide a way to process input values in fields other than standardization.
- NIM005829 - When using ST_ Geometry for vector data and geodatabase annotation, ArcMap hangs after zooming and attempting to redisplay.
- NIM006055 - When storing geometry as ST_Geometry, features can disappear when panning and zooming.
- NIM006282 - Improve performance of Oracle ST_Geometry relational operators by using statistics. Gathering DBMS statistics now adds information to the st_geometry_index table for each table.
- NIM007480 - When geometry is stored as ST_Geometry, drawing performance is too slow. The performance drawing ST_Geometry points should be comparable to SDEBinary. Traces show a 30% difference when drawing larger (500K) feature classes.
Issues perviously addressed with Service Pack 1, and included in Service Pack 2
- CQ00296130 - DB2 Network I/O error occurs when reading blob data of size 5M.(DB2 only)
- CQ00297171 - Memory leak when editing if feature class is registered with move edits to base.
- CQ00298480 - In-Place Spatial Reference converters fail on Unix Platforms.
- CQ00292541 - When ArcSDE attempts to write a null (non-existent) geometry to an SDO_GEOMETRY column, ArcSDE instead writes a nil (empty) geometry. Placing a nil geometry where there should be a null geometry is incorrect, and causes problems for some ArcGIS processing and with third-party applications that expect "NULL".
- CQ00296298 - Oracle Spatial: Zooming on edited compound curve feature classes caused features to disappear.
- CQ00297271 - Query fails with SDE error code -38 when using joined tables and ArcSDE 9.2 featureclass with SDO_GEOMETRY layer config.
- CQ00298816 - Improve SDELOB performance using LONG API binding.
- CQ00297008 - Geocoding fails in SqlExpress/Direct Connect SDE - Without this, geocoding with personal and workgroup ArcSDE doesn’t work.
- NIM005825 - Adding columns in a GPS-enabled ArcSDE Personal geodatabase using GPS Analyst causes ArcCatalog to crash.
- CQ00296867 - Add a confirmation to the sderaster update operation to avoid users of the sderaster -o update operation mistaking it for the mosaic operation and accidently replacing a raster dataset wth the input image. This fix will require users to confirm they really want to replace the existing raster dataset with the input image file when the update operation executes.
- CQ00297273 - Rolling back an Oracle transaction on a mosaic operation does not rollback the pyramid tiles. Currently users must manually rollback a failed user transaction on a mosaic operation. This work around was documented as a known problem for ArcSDE 9.2 final.
- CQ00299517 - The ArcSDE sdo_georaster trigger is not maintaining the raster_id column value of the user_sdo_geor_sysdata table.
- CQ00293119 - Port C API function SE_table_rebuild_index to Java API. - To keep in sync with the c-api functionalities for 9.2 release.
- CQ00293231 - SeShape.generateCircle() not available in java-api.
- CQ00293261 - SeShape.generateBuffer fails with error -148 NUMOFPTS IS LESS THAN REQUIRED FOR FEATURE.
- CQ00294131 - Incorrect layer extent returned for high precision coordinate references.
- CQ00294156 - Java API function killProcess(<pid>, “<admin pwd>” doesn’t work. Need to make the killProcess a workable function.
- CQ00294298 - SeShape1.overlay(seShape2) throws exception if SeShape contains more than 4k points.
- CQ00296302 - (Java api) PeCSTransformations.geog1ToGeog2 doesn't work for some specific transform code.
- CQ00298974 - Port adjusted coordinate system to keep in sync with what the c-api has released.
- CQ00299289 - PCSConstants are not calculated accurately. There will be a slight difference in the projection calculation between the c-api and the java-api if the pcsconstants values are not calculated in the exact manner as the c-api.
- CQ00299305 - PeProjectedCSRes not returning the correct PeProjectedCS object.
- CQ00296785 - When specifying the instance to connect to by using the ArcSDE service port number, specifying "/tcp" after the port number causes a failed to connect error in 9.2.
- CQ00296730 - When attempting to start the ArcSDE application server with the service entry absent from the system services file the giomgr crashes rather than handling the failure and reporting a warning message.
- NIM005805 - Adding to a current selection set fails when creating a selection and having the attribute table open in Selected View mode.
- CQ00296168 - A<> shape column entries are not deleted from the sde.st_geometry_columns table when the versioned Feature Class is deleted. The affect of this is "orphaned" entries in the table that should not affect any functionality.
- CQ00296625 - Creating the spatial indx on certain layer data & spatial ref may generate spix records that fail during Identify's. If you run into this issue spatial selections will fail to select/Identify on small search areas involving small features.
- CQ00298817 - Add ST_Geometry operator ST_TRANSFORM.
- CQ00299145 - ORA-06522: Unsatisfied code symbol '__shlTerm' when using the st_geometry spatial type for Oracle functions on HP. - Spatial type operators do not work on HP without this fix.
- NIM005804 - Network I/O error when viewing/working with the attribute table of a feature class after performing a selection of more than 100 features.
- NIM005829 - Spatial selections against GDB annotation featureclasses lock up the server.
This website's graphical display is now viewable only with W3C
standards-compliant browsers, but the content is accessible to all browsers and Internet devices.
View our supported browser matrix
for more information on our website display.